Hillel Yeshiva's mission is to provide students with an outstanding Judaic and general studies education by building a religious, academic, and unique foundation that will enable them to achieve success and possess a loving commitment to the Torah and missvot, the Jewish community, and the State of Israel.
- The incorporation of Torah values, halacha and missvot into one's life.
- Inspirational, loving exploration of the diverse approaches within traditional Jewish thought.
- The establishment of a complete Orthodox Jewish life in a challenging secular culture.
- The rich traditions of Sephardic and Ashkenazic Jewry, including customs, liturgy, and reading traditions.
- The uniquely divine worth, potential, and differing perspectives of all people.
- The essential contribution of our staff members including teachers, administration, and support staff.
- The dignified treatment of all people.
- Acts of generosity, benevolence, and loving-kindness.
- The creation of an environment of kindness amongst students and members of the entire school community.
- Our responsibilities to our immediate community, to fellow Jews in America, Israel and worldwide, to American society and to humankind.
LIFE-LONG LEARNING & COLLEGE EDUCATION
- Each student’s unique passion, creativity, and natural tendency to become life-long learners.
- Critical thinking skills and an environment of open inquiry in a safe setting, as preparation for college, a profession, and life-long Jewish and general education.
- Life-long Torah learning.
Student-Centered Approach to Education
- Child-centered curricula that take into account students’ varying talents, abilities, and learning styles.
- Educating the whole child.
- Each student's personal exploration of self, society, Torah, and the physical world, as part of one's search to lead a true, purposeful, and meaningful Jewish life.
State of Israel
- Religious Zionism and the State of Israel as the Jewish homeland.
- A commitment to the State of Israel and an understanding of its history and culture.
- The study of the spoken and written modern Hebrew language.
- Post-high school Israel year-abroad programs.
- Strong bonds between home and school to create the support system integral to student motivation and achievement.
- Parents' ongoing involvement in their children's education.
- Parents' active participation and financial support of our school.